Special Offer: Buy an Epson 9890 Standard Edition Printer between now and June 30, 2013, and receive a $1,000 instant rebate! (Add to cart to see pricing after instant rebate.)
A New Standard of Excellence.
For more than a decade, Epson has set the standard by which all other photographic printing technologies are judged. So, when Epson decided to develop an entirely new generation of photographic printing technology, the significance of this effort inspired the engineers to rethink everything.
Introducing the new Epson Stylus Pro 7890 and Epson Stylus Pro 9890 printers.
Representing a new standard of excellence, the Epson Stylus Pro 890 series incorporates Epson’s latest achievements in photographic ink jet technology. By combining the precision of Epson’s MicroPiezo® TFP® print head with the proven performance of the eight-color Epson UltraChrome K3® with Vivid Magenta, Epson’s newest generation of Stylus Pro printers continue to represent a level of technology unprecedented in the industry.
Epson UltraChrome K3 with Vivid Magenta utilizes eight colors – including auto-switching Photo and Matte Black inks – while setting the benchmark standard for the industry. Even more remarkable, by combining them with the new AccuPhoto™ HD screening technology, Epson has once again raised the level of print quality.
Epson’s advanced MicroPiezo TFP print head is capable of producing higher quality prints, at speeds almost twice as fast as their previous generation. And, with their latest ink-repelling coating and auto nozzle verification technologies, clogged nozzles are virtually eliminated.
Like Epson’s higher-end Stylus Pro 900 series printers, Epson has developed, in partnership with X-Rite®, a high performance, in-line spectrophotometer for commercial proofing applications. When driven by the latest front-end RIPs, the SpectroProofer® can automate virtually any color management process in your workflow.
With printers capable of handling virtually any media type, in roll or cut sheets, up to 24 or 44 inches wide, Epson continues to set the standard for professional media use. Whether producing sellable color or black-and-white photography, point-of-sale signage, or even color accurate commercial proofs for client approvals, creative professionals now have a powerful tool allowing them to produce their vision without compromise.
With every new introduction of an Epson Stylus Pro printer, Epson continues to innovate and refine the overall experience. With the introduction of the latest Epson Stylus Pro 890 series printers, Epson is once again redefining what’s possible from photographic ink jet printing.
Welcome to a new standard of excellence.
- Epson high-precision MicroPiezo TFP print head for extreme print performance
- AccuPhoto HD screening technology produces extremely fine blends and photographic transitions
- Maximum resolution of 2880 x 1440 dpi and variable-sized droplets, as small as 3.5 picoliters, for extreme print quality
Epson UltraChrome K3 with Vivid Magenta Ink technology — 8-color pigment-based ink system
- High-capacity ink system for increased productivity
- ePlaten™ media-loading technology ensures accurate and automatic media handling
- Roll media length tracking and identification system with auto bar code tagging for faster reloading
- Included one-year of coverage under the Epson PreferredSM protection plan
Advanced Print Head Technology
High-Precision Eight-Channel Epson MicroPiezo TFP Print Head
- Thin Film Piezo (TFP) print head design capable of handling eight separate ink channels
- One-inch wide, high performance print head with 360 nozzles per channel
- Auto-sharing black ink channel technology
- Low vibration meniscus control for highly accurate dot shape and placement
- All-new ink-repelling coating for dramatically reduced nozzle clogging
- Produces variable-sized droplets as small as 3.5 picoliters to greatly decrease print times while optimizing photographic quality
Epson AccuPhoto HD Screening
- Advanced eight-color screening algorithm, resulting in prints with superior color and clarity
- Maximum resolution of 2880 x 1440 dpi for incredibly sharp text and line art
- Produces extremely fine blends and photographic transitions
- Extremely accurate highlight-to-shadow details
- No visible photographic graininess due to the printing process1
- Ensures consistent color balance regardless of the viewing light source
- When combined with the precise dot placement accuracy of the Epson MicroPiezo TFP print head, overall photographic print quality is dramatically improved
1Photographic graininess could still be visible if present in the actual file being printed.
In order to ensure consistent printing between multiple Epson Stylus Pro printers of the same model, Epson has refined the manufacturing process to include colorimetric calibration. Eliminating the need for internal calibration devices, this system evaluates and adjusts each printer’s performance at the manufacturing stage, ensuring consistent color output from printer to printer and print to print.
Automatic Print Head Alignment
- Built-in sensor performs highly precise alignments of all color channels
- Aligns both single- and bi-directional print modes
- Automatic Nozzle Verification and Cleaning
- Embedded sensors quickly verify nozzle status without using media, and automatically clean the print head if required
Epson UltraChrome K3 with Vivid Magenta Ink Technology
Industry-defining, 8-Color, Pigment-Based Ink System
- High-density pigments for an extremely wide color gamut
- Unique formulation of Magenta pigments for extreme blues and purples
- Designed to work with Epson AccuPhoto HD screening technology
- Professional print permanence ratings
- Outstanding short-term color stability for mission-critical proofing applications
- Improved Microcrystal Encapsulation™ technology for reduced gloss differential
- Improved black density up to 2.6 with an L* value ~3.02
2Dmax and L* values are based on Epson Premium Luster Photo Paper (260).
Three-Level Black Ink Technology
- Simultaneously uses Black, Light Black, and Light Light Black inks
- Significantly improves the gray balance while eliminating color casts
- Outstanding highlight-to-shadow grayscale accuracy for a smoother tonal range
- Virtually eliminates any bronzing of basic pigment chemistry
- Enhances the ICC profiling process for ColorSync® and ICM™ workflows
Automatic Black Ink Mode Switching
- Both Photo and Matte Black ink cartridges are installed simultaneously
- Depending upon your media type or driver setting, the printer will automatically switch
- Switching can occur automatically or provide a warning before proceeding
- Highly-efficient print head design ensures fast switching with minimal ink usage
- Automatically ensures optimum black ink density, regardless of media type used
Next Generation Print Engine Technology
Professional Media Handling
- Compatible with virtually any media type, in roll or cut sheets, up to 24 or 44 inches wide
- Accurate loading of cut-sheet media, up to 1.5 mm thick posterboard
- All media is front-loaded via a unique straight-through media path
- Printer and driver based media identification and synchronization system for virtually error-free media use
- Media bin safely captures multiple prints up to 24” x 36” or 44” x 36”
- Optional Automatic Take-up Reel System for unattended production of large print run (available on the Epson Stylus Pro 9890 only)
Epson ePlaten Media Loading Technology
- Accurate automatic media loading, movement, skew adjustment and tracking
- Electronically controlled roll media back tension
- Automatic roll media rewind upon media release
- Simplifies the overall roll and cut-sheet media loading process
Spindle-Free Roll Media Loading
- User-adjustable roll media adapters accept either 2- or 3-inch media cores
- Simple tension lever ensures quick and secure media core loading
- Designed with Epson ePlaten technology for highly-accurate roll media usage
- Additional media adapter pairs available as an accessory for efficient roll media switching
Roll Media Length Tracking and Identification System
- Real-time, automatic remaining roll media length counter
- Auto bar code tagging of remaining roll media information for faster reloading
- Very useful for tracking partially used media rolls
High Performance Rotary Cutting System
- Durable rotary cutter, designed to be virtually maintenance free
- High performance cutting speeds — cuts 24” to 44” wide rolls in under two seconds
- Off-carriage cutting system eliminates media dust within critical components
- Capable of cutting virtually any media type, including most canvas and fine art papers
High Performance Print Engine Speeds
Utilizing Epson’s latest print head technology, the Epson Stylus Pro 7890 and 9890 series printers are among the fastest wide-format printers in the industry.
Epson Intelligent High-Capacity Ink System
- Pressurized ink cartridge technology ensures reliable ink delivery at all print speeds, while dramatically reducing the physical size of the ink cartridges
- Nine individual ink cartridges; available in 150 ml, 350 ml, and 700 ml fill volumes
- On-the-fly ink cartridge replacement for increased productivity
- Mix and match across all three ink cartridge sizes
Easy-to-Use Front Control Panel
- High-resolution, 2.5-inch, color LCD for improved viewing of printer status
- Simple button layout for all navigation and basic printer functions
SpectroProofer 24 and 44
- Optional 24- or 44-inch wide spectrophotometer developed jointly with X-Rite
- Simple installation; fits cleanly into the front of the Epson Stylus Pro 7890 or 9890
- Incorporates a high performance X-Rite ILS20 spectrophotometer for extreme measurement accuracy below 0.2 dE-CMC
- UV-cut and non-UV-cut versions available at the time of purchase
- Both black and white interchangeable backing plates included
- Built-in print dryer to accelerate the dry-down and reading process
- Built-in temperature sensors for internal mechanism and surrounding environment
- When driven by the latest front-end RIP software, the Epson SpectroProofer can automate virtually any color management process in your workflow
- Standard connectivity includes one USB 2.0 and one 10/100 BaseT Ethernet port
- Professional Epson Photographic Drivers for Macintosh® and Windows®
- Fully supported by most leading third-party software RIPs and workflows
World-Class Service and Support
- Includes one year of limited coverage under the Epson Preferred Protection Plan with toll-free telephone support available Monday through Friday and usually next-business-day on-site service
- Optional one- or two-year Epson Preferred Plus service plans available